As a Site based engineer, you will be working alongside our team of site engineers, providing assistance and support to the regional office engineers and undertaking a variety of duties; clerk of works, different types of surveys, system witnessing, document review and producing comprehensive reports. This role is a mixture of management and technical ability. The candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, driven, forward planner with the ability to work on a number of interesting projects. The role will involve travelling and possible overnight stays.
The candidate will report directly to the Director who runs the Site Engineers team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Coach other engineers within the team with site surveys, inspections and fabrication drawing commenting, alongside other support and mentoring
• Carry out Site Installation progress/observation surveys alongside respective team engineers
• Assist the team engineers with monthly installation inspections and generation of site observation reports, and general specification compliance
• Prepare detailed Site Observation Reports
• Be able to work with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings
• Produce detailed As Installed Record Survey drawings
• Carry out Mechanical Services infrastructure Surveys; produce reports, schematics and drawings
• Carry out Condition Surveys and issue detailed reports
• Assist and support team engineers with inspecting completed works for outstanding items & defects (snagging)
• Undertake Clerk of Works duties, liaise with the electrical contractor and submit reports as required
• Carry out HTM compliance Surveys
• Review and comment on O&M Manuals and As Installed Drawings
• Produce Health & Safety RAMS
• Chair Contract meetings, prepare and issue minutes etc
• Deputise for Engineers if required and attend general site meetings
• Attend witnessing/commissioning meetings liaise with the mechanical contractor and/or commissioning manager to determine timescales, the extent of the witnessing and co-ordinate programmes etc.
• Ensuring all teams and remote offices have equal access to the Site Engineers to ensure more junior engineers are supported in their duties and raise to the quality of engineering service provided to clients.
Witnessing duties include but not limited to;
• Carry out final mechanical services witnessing and verify tested certificates.
• Heating, Hot Water, Ventilation, Cooling, BMS, Specialist Services (Compressed air, gas, water etc.).
• Mechanical equipment Factory Acceptance Tests.
• Issue fully detailed witnessing schedules and reports.
• Undertake detailed plantroom surveys and produce schematics and floor plans for all the mechanical services
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Time served mechanical engineer with at least 10 years on site experience in a supervisory role
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of latest gas regulations and site practices, water regulations and good practices etc
• Understanding of current CDM and Health & Safety regulations
• Self motivated and able to work unsupervised or as part of a team
• Excellent organisational skills
• Hold an up to date CSCS (skills) safety Card
• Hold an up to date DBS (CRB) certificate
• Computer literate with good keyboard/typing skills, good knowledge of MS outlook, word, excel and Publisher
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Couch Perry & Wilkes LLP are an Investors in People accredited, equal opportunities employer.